Wednesday 30 January 2008

BAZAAR's Real Beauty

We interns need to stick together, but this gorgeous lady helps me on a daily basis. As the intern for BAZAAR's Health and Beauty Malena organises the team, as well as writes and edits copy. As a friend she gives me first dibs at the beauty closet before a 'sale' and sneaks out with me for a smoothie when a busy day has not granted us a lunch hour.

Here are her thoughts on Beauty and BAZAAR.

1. How did you first enter the mag world?
I interned back home in Canada at Flare magazine throughout University then got a job as an Assistant Editor for Beauty and Features.

2. What has been your favourite position so far?
Strangely enough, (although you know I don't get paid much) the beauty team at BAZAAR.

3. Were you a little girl who always played with make-up?
Not so much on myself but I destroyed many a barbie with lipstick, loads of blush and a variety of tacky eyeshadow colours.

4. Is there one cosmetic that you swear by, above all others?
I'm a lash girl and can't go without DiorShow mascara.

5. Finish this sentence: "I just won't leave home without my......."
Notebook and Rosebud lip salve -I'm addicted.

6. Where do you see yourself in five years?
Hopefully in a deputy editor or editor role. Possibly still in London but who knows!

No comments: