Monday 4 August 2008

Epilate-me

While I have always Waxed Lyrical about my favourite waxing hotspots, the past month of London’s intermittent sunshine has forced me bring back the (Lady) Bic… The result? Stubbly, horrid legs.

So last week, following rave reviews from my ex-flatmate – the girl, not the guy! – I found myself on Amazon purchasing the Epilady Legend.


According to their publicity I was about to experience ‘the ultimate’ and most thorough hair removal. At full speed, the Legend’s 40 tweezer discs, creates 32,000 tweezes per minute!

Apprehensive at first, I plugged in my Legend and gingerly glided the gyrating tweezers-head along my now masculine-looking legs. Ouch, freakin’ ouch! I’ve been a waxer for years but truly, madly deeply, it doesn’t come close to the sustained pinching that you get with epilating. If I shut my eyes the pain and the buzz would make me swear that far from undergoing hair removal, I was actually the next victim of Miami Ink! But, it worked.

Out of ten, I give the Legend a sturdy eight. It may take the better side of an hour to complete a full-leg treatment, but sure enough three days later, my legs are still silky smooth.

It’s limitation – the bikini area. Because I’ll be damned if I’m letting those little pinchers near my nether region!

No comments: