Monday 26 January 2009

nip/tuck nabbed

I’m devastated. I’m also acutely aware that by living this past month as a pseudo stay-at-home mum my world and what’s important has shrunk to within the three mile radius that encompasses the kid’s schools, the butcher and green grocer, and ‘our’ home. As such, this morning’s trip to the local video store to dose up on my next instalment of nip/tuck (addiction de jour: DVD boxed sets of the best television has to offer) only to find that some other mother has already nabbed disc 1 of season three, has left me utterly bereft.

To add insult to injury, today is the one day this week where both kidlets have after school activities that grant me ‘free-time’ until 4.30pm. I’ve pilate-d, the fridge is full, lunches have been pre-packed ready for tomorrow and I’m sitting idle, wondering at the fate of Dr. Christian Troy.

Season two climaxed with the ultimate adrenalin rush: Dr. Sean McNamara lies in wait for The Carver – gun loaded – while across town Christian is face-to-face with the masked serial-slasher, the swish of whose knife cuts through a compelling and emotive musical score. I need to know what happens!

Okay, so season two aired back in 2004. I understand I’m a little behind. But with good reason, season three began when Boyfriend and I moved to New York and without the FX channel I lost touch with the Sean and the gang. But now I’m back. Repentant. And ready to give them my undivided attention. With season five now available on DVD I’m in catch-up mode before I head back to Oz.

For loyal viewers, you will understand my obsession. For any of you who have yet to tune into Dylan Walsh (Dr. Sean McNamara) and Julian McMahon (Dr. Christian Troy) and their sexy and scandalous antics, then do yourself a favour and beg, borrow or steal the DVDs. Cosmetic surgery will never be the same again.

No comments: