Thursday 8 November 2007

The Ring

When I think of Vienna, I think of the stunningly-debonair Baroness Schraeder in The Sound of Music. I think of crisp mornings and gorgeous gothic architecture and of Marie-Antoinette being whisked through the forests (that surround the city) to meet with her new French countrymen…

But if you’re planning a visit, you’ll need more than just my idle-wondering to tide you over – you’ll need a place to stay. So I give you, The Ring.

Located in the main Ringstrasse (city centre), the hotel offers its guests casual luxury at luxurious prices. Having stayed there on its opening night, I have to be honest; they need a few more months settling into their surrounds before I’d suggest a stay there. The rooms are indeed plush – king size beds, mounds of fluffy pillows (with a colour scheme of chocolate, latte and pistachio), flat-screen televisions, Villaroy and Boch bathroom appliances, Molten Brown soaps and creams, and well stocked mini bars. The fitness centre leaves a little to the imagination; however, the sauna does have a lovely porthole window overlooking the city’s gothic buildings and Stephansdom cathedral.

Take a peek for yourself…

The Ring Hotel
www.theringhotel.com
Doubles start at € 325 per room, per night
Kärntner Ring 8 1010 Vienna Austria +43(1)51 580-761

No comments: