Tuesday 13 May 2008

Fit Chicks

Fellow fitness aficionados have ya’ll heard about ‘mallercise’? How about FitFlops? Well it’s time to listen up.

While I’ve always argued that shopping is a sport – and retail is the only therapy worth paying for – now through the wonder of footwear design I truly can skip the gym and head to Liberty’s!

According to marieclaire.co.uk ‘mallercise’ is the latest craze to sweep the States: groups of women convening at the mall to lunge up and down escalators and perform squats while their transactions process. And while I tend to avoid department stores like the plague (for me it’s boutiques and streetfront stores all the way) the news that 30 minutes of power purchasing can burn up to 200 calories is enough to motivate me to take to Selfridges this weekend.

And...

Developed by expert bio-mechanics Dr. David Cook and Darren James at the Centre for Human Performance at LSBU in London, the FitFlop promises a high-intensity workout while you walk. Designed to load your leg muscles and tone your bums and thighs these new wonder shoes have managed to stand up to some serious judging (pairs were sent to the who’s who of the beauty world in both the UK and USA with positive results allround) – as soon as I scrounge together the £36 I’ll be heading down to London stockists Sweaty Betty for my very first pair… in black!


No comments: