Friday 2 May 2008

So long Bazaar

The time has come. It’s official. Today at 1730 hours the Intern will be leaving National Magazine House… to go forth ‘freelance’ into the big bad world.

It has been a crazy, fun-filled eight months. Many highs, the occasional low, lots of copy and a multitude of hours spent on LexisNexis, The Red Pages and Fashion Monitor trying to find out this bit and that, for what’s its and who’s its. I only wish I could stay.

But, I have drawn a line in my imaginary sandpit and am calling it a day. From next week I’ll be interviewing like a vampire, pitching like Babe Ruth and Beautcamping my booty to while away the hours.

In honour of my last day the features team took me along to Yauatcha, the dim sum delight restaurant catering to Soho’s rich and fabulous. Having been taken there last Friday by a PR, I skilfully ordered the Crispy Duck Salad – with a Thai Lime dressing, fresh rocket and a sprinkling of pomegranate seeds – and Salt and Pepper Squid… Yum!

In true BAZAAR fashion on my last day I am manning the PA to the editor’s desk: organising her diary for her long weekend in New York, arranging her blow dry, manicure and make-up and coordinating the revamp of an Armani number ready for her night out at the MET on Monday – it’s the Metropolitan Costume Institute Benefit Gala, Superhero-style. Oh to be a bat on the belfry that night!


Yauatcha
15-17 Broadwick Street

London W1F 0DL
Tel: 020 7494 8888

No comments: