Wednesday 14 May 2008

Tickle me pick and call me Employed

That's right my friends, come Monday morning I will be the new Team Assistant to the design consultancy sector of a corporate PR firm, 'Company X'.*

And the best bit is, I actually want to work there...

The company is dynamic, the role challenging and the job spec sought an "enthusiastic, presentable and literate person" - quite frankly, this position screamed ME!

Located just down the road from the Tower of London (gorgeous location and my childhood obsession with the Tudors and Anne Boleyn's losing her head will be re-energised daily), the offices are super chic and they subsidise my gym membership. With hour-and-a-half lunch breaks there'll be ample time to pop over to the nearby Fitness First for a quick cross-trainer session or spin class. At £25K per annum, I can't wait to start.




* With my future employers and co-workers in mind, I have decided to keep the company's name under wraps.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Sounds like a great opportunity. Good luck on your first day!

Erica Bartle (nee Holburn) said...

Gorgeous girl,

I'm sure your new colleagues will adore you and you'll be the CEO in no time at all (if not the editor of Vogue). I'm loving your blog updates (mallercise = so my thing) and really appreciate your articulate and thoughtful contributions to my own comments panel.

Knock 'em dead, kiddo.

God bless you!
Erica

Karen said...

I just discovered your blog and am loving it. I'm intrigued as to how you got your internship at Harper's - any chance I can get a few pointers from you so that I might be able to get my foot through the door?