Thursday 17 April 2008

A little bit of Sh!

Last night’s event celebrated 16 years of Sh! The first (and only) truly female focussed Women’s Erotic Emporium. Where dildos and strap-ons and condoms and flavoured lubes have pride of place on the shelves – out of their boxes and ready to play with.

A feat for females everywhere… well maybe for some.

To be honest, girlfriend and I accepted our invitation primarily for their offer of bottomless champagne; with an afterthought of the promised goodie bag. Once there, I was pleasantly surprised by the number of older women among the guests. It’s nice to think that women in their fifties and sixties, after menopause has come and gone, still see a need for 'Jessica' Rabbit.

While I was an eager drama student at school, role plays in the bedroom have never really been my thing: PVC costumes that threaten third-degree burns should your pheromone-fuelled candle accidentally let off a spark have failed to hold any appeal. Maybe it’s my Catholic school upbringing – although, I think not – but personally ‘additions’ in the bedroom tend to ruin the mood for me. I like spontaneity and trolling through my knickers draw for my vibrator just isn’t the foreplay I’m after.

But each to their own, and all (battery) power to them!

Sh! products are designed and made in the UK and available online at www.sh-womenstore.com

No comments: