Wednesday 16 April 2008

Pressing Events

The amount of invitations editors get sent for launches, lunches and Champagne celebrations is just silly. Silly that is, to those not invited. But there is, most certainly, a ranking order when it comes to press events…

I will concede that it would be physically impossible for editors to attend every event and that the novelty of a free lunch can wear thin after time, but I’m still at a stage where invitations addressed to moi get me all giddy.

Be it attending the Tommy TV launch today (tommytv.com) with a bunch of ultra thin, über cool music and fashionados, or grabbing the goodie bags at the launch of a new lingerie label, I still get a thrill at signing my name for Harper’s BAZAAR and indulging in the complementary cocktails.

Next week I have two coffee dates, a lunch at one of our editor’s favourite London restaurants and have even scored a free blow-dry, complete with personal car pickup to take me from work to the salon. Too much? I think not.

Maybe in a few years I’ll become jaded. Maybe the free calories will start to show too clearly on my waistline… maybe the Champagne will begin to give me a headache.

Maybe.

But I hope not.

No comments: