Wednesday 9 April 2008

The Power Outfit

Yesterday I interviewed a woman who, together with her husband, is trying to change the face of the London pub scene. She's turning dingy dives into chic establishments, fit for us stylish Londoners...

But styling interiors comes at a cost: comfort. So she's a self-confessed jeans gal... except when she's going into a big meeting. Then she dons her spiked stilettos and fitted skirt. And she's ready to take on the world!

A good outfit can give you the confidence to do things you might normally shy away from. Be it attending an interview, your first day at a new job or a party where your ex will be (or worse, his new girlfriend). As a woman, this go get'em get up usually involves a short skirt and invariably a pair of killer heals. But this isn't a random combination. It's mathematical...

short skirt + sky high heals = longer legs + toned calves

And guys think there's not method to our shopping madness! Clearly we've been right all along.

Boyfriend did, however, give me a voucher the other day to one of my old retail haunts, H&M (because he's such a lovely guy!). But as it has been a while since I've allowed myself the luxury of shopping, it was with some trepidation that I scoped out the aisles - like an addict being faced with the source of their habit - and then I came across a very funky dress. I had an important meeting today and this dress was just what I needed.

Paired with black tights and my patent leather ankle boots I looked fab. But more importantly, I felt like a million dollars. Or at least a few hundred quid. Now I just want the chance to wear it again!

1 comment:

Jules said...

Sounds like a gorgeous outfit!