Friday 28 March 2008

All or nothing

Sometimes the fitness gods smile. This morning they chose to flash their pearly whites down at me with a private session of Beautcamp Pilates; the morning rain clouds keeping the rest of the class warm in their beds.

With my regular instructor back from his month-long holiday in South Africa, I was already geared up for a serious workout – he tends to be a tougher coach – but one-on-one time was definitely more than I’d bargained for. Already prone to Teacher’s Pet-itis I crunched crunches and squeezed my gluteus maximus like the revolution of the world depended on it.

Beads of sweat and an hour’s huffing and puffing later (or technically, in through the nose and a deep, abdominal breath out through pursed lips) my legs were shaking and my abs convulsing. When it came time to do our last stretch my elation was somewhat stifled by shear exhaustion. I was totally ecstatic, as you might well imagine.

Having signed up to a weekend membership at Fitness First starting this evening (available at home-clubs from 4pm Fridays to 9pm Sundays) I think any doubt that I’m an all-or-nothing girl has been dispelled… Bring on the elliptical trainer!


NB: We got the flat! Now we have to scrounge together a little over £2220 for the deposit and agency fees. Why do blessings always come in disguise?

1 comment:

Jules said...

Congrats on the new place! If you have any flat-hunting vibes left, please send them my way. I'm arriving in London tomorrow and will be house hunting like mad!