Thursday 27 March 2008

Luck be my lady

Another one of my so-geeky-it's-sad favourite pastimes - just so you know, they include my addiction to Scrabulous and a tea pot collection being kept safe at my grandma's - is my Sunday afternoon television lineup.

Two-and-a-half hours of Come Dine With Me (that sees five strangers take it in turns to host a dinner party and mark each other's meals out of 10 in a bid to win £1,000), followed by three back-to-back episodes of Location, Location, Location (with realtors Phil Spencer and Kirstie Allsop and an assortment of prospective home buyers scoping out the property market). Yep... it seems a little sad.

However, as far as my TV choices go, I argue I like to live vicariously: I can't cook to save myself and given my current financial situation the prospect of purchasing my own home is somewhat laughable. Those that can't do, watch.

But over the past month I've been able to play out a little of my realty-fantasies (admittedly it hasn't always been pleasant) and this afternoon I stood with bated breath as boyfriend took the call from the agent of our must-have property. Kirstie and Phil would have been slightly disappointed that we weren't bolder with our offer, only cutting them down by £5 a month, but in my mind it was too good a property to gamble on.

The result? We have to wait.

Unlike my fave show where with time on its side and the help of clever editing the viewer isn't kept in suspense too long, we have to bide our time while the agent takes our offer to the owner. Apparently we should hear back tomorrow. Tonight I'll say a little prayer to Saint Joseph, the patron saint of house hunters*...


* found that out online!

No comments: