Tuesday 11 March 2008

Spring Whinge

There are a few times in the year that people’s natural behaviour gets my goat… and now just happens to be one of those times.

When the sun is starting to grace us with its presence a little earlier, but before the clocks have been turned back to embrace Summer Time (that be Day Light Savings). When ‘those people’ who have hid under their covers during the dark and dreary winter months come out in their hundreds to bulk-up my commuting queue, steal my train seat and even attempt to take my place in the gym. The cheek!

When those of ‘us’ have diligently woken to our alarm clocks, rain, hail or clear black sky I feel personally affronted that these summer-slummers now think they’re entitled to push past me on the Tube.

Pedantically I take a minor victory when I see one of ‘them’ stand on the wrong part of the platform (when ‘us’ in the know wait instead at the exact point the doors open, each and every morning). Yes, I’m sad and neurotic and quite obviously OCD but it’s just that I like things to be even. I like balance. Equilibrium. These slummers aren’t playing fair.

Unfortunately I have no other forum for my retort than here online - I draw a line at verbal abuse in the mornings and curb my desire to shove them with my gym bag – so I write in the hope that my message will be heard and these sunshine babies might do the ‘right thing’ and stand aside for us hard-yarders… Slim chance, I know, but hey.

1 comment:

Jules said...

Haha I know what you mean!