Tuesday 25 March 2008

Frosty Treats

Long weekends are lovely. Waking up each day to snowflakes falling at your window ledge, well that’s just gorgeous! Such was my Easter.

Far from ‘home’ this long weekend, a girlfriend (and fellow expat) invited me round for a sleepover – complete with a library of chick-flick DVDs and a tub of Ben & Jerry’s Strawberry Cheesecake frozen yogurt.

Meeting at the Saturday markets in the early afternoon, our plan to browse and graze among the stalls was quickly dropped in favour of the warmth of her living room. Once there I was overtaken with what can only be described as house-envy. Ever on the hunt for the perfect abode, seeing my girlfriend’s quaint Victorian conversion flat in Tooting Bec – with all the girly-trimmings of fresh flowers, pink cushions and throws and antique tea sets – made me squeal with delight. And then turn an ever-so-pale shade of spearmint!

I’m happy for her, of course, but my subsequent Gumtree and Prime Location (primelocation.co.uk) searches come Sunday afternoon for a similar flat all came up duds. With little over a month to go before boyfriend and I take the leap into joint-realty the Virgo in me is desperate for some closure. I want to put moving dates in the diary, start sorting my bookshelf and plan a trip to Primark (poverty-stricken lass that I am) for funky bathroom and kitchen accessories!

With more viewings scheduled for the latter half of this week I am hopeful. And maybe, just maybe I’ll wake up on Easter morning next year to snowflakes at my window, once again.

No comments: